Posted: 30 January 2024
A leading micro-payment processing service aggregator is looking for a talented, energetic, and competitive Field Sales Manager to play a fundamental role in implementing a high-performance sales culture, achieving targets and revenue growth objectives. The ideal candidate will aim to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and market penetration within the region by effectively managing and mentoring a local sales team and via selling the company’s products and related services.
The candidate will be expected to spend at least 60% of his/her time in the field assisting the field sales team and must be comfortable working in both the formal and informal markets. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively to independent traders as well as owners of larger businesses such as petrol stations and large Cash and Carry’s.
Hands-on experience managing field staff is a pre-requisite.
Location: Bloemfontein, Free State
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monthly sales and targets
- Management of sales team consisting of both sales reps and independent agents in local area to ensure individual targets are met.
- Participating in growing these teams by being part of sales staff and independent agent recruitment, where needed.
- Setting of monthly targets for each member of the team
- Training and mentoring of sales staff and independent agents in the field.
- Assisting field sales staff and independent agents in identifying and closing large opportunities
- Growth of local base through new placements and base maintenance
- Management of underperforming devices in the market
- Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing local sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Identifying trends, determining local sales system improvements, and implementing changes required by management from time to time.
- Meet sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and initiating corrective actions where applicable.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Review sales performance weekly and plan strategies to ensure that targets are being met.
- Ensure sales reps are looking for opportunity to cross sell and propose accordingly.
- Ensuring correct procedures are followed by all sales representatives including completion of all expense and internal documentation required by head office.
- Device orders
- Sales representative and agent commission management
- Review of sales staff performance on a weekly basis
- Planning of sales staff activities on a weekly basis
- Ensure the sales team is kept informed with regards to the business plans and goals
- Month end stock take
- Weekly sales meeting coordination
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups when required.
To be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in managing a field sales team of at least 5 people.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle is required.
- Strong numerical ability including ability to review and create Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of sales force automation systems advantageous
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Good communication skills.
- A keen interest in understanding our business.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Be proactive, initiate action and be results orientated.
- Follow procedure accurately with high attention to detail.
- Must be result orientated and able to lead, manage, motivate, and mentor a sales team with proven track record for achieving sales targets.