Posted: 30 November 2023
A business providing a tech-driven, holistic international freight service is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their sales team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a sales team as a Business Development Manager dedicated to various regions. Their goal is to understand specialist regional market trends, solidify their position as the leading logistics compliance provider and integrate their product into the market’s end-to-end logistics value chain.
We are interested in dynamic, driven individuals looking for a unique and challenging opportunity in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
The role will provide an opportunity to individuals who display the want to achieve and to do great things. The specialized nature of the offering requires special people, specifically those that possess strong analytical and highly developed soft skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Direct sales into the international import and export markets
- Networking and creating alternative sales strategies
- Working in conjunction with the marketing team to create new collateral and campaigns
- Creating and presenting sales proposals
- Keeping track of and detailed data entries into our CRM software.
- Facilitating regular meetings with executives and decision makers
- Collaborate with all departments.
- Team collaboration to open and accelerate sales in the region
- Practical implementation of ideas and strategies along with monitoring and tracking their performance
- Networking and relationship building resulting in consistent deal flows
- Attend weekly business development meetings and provide information to management about sales figures, goals, forecasts, and obstacles.
- Provide feedback to Client Management and IT teams on ways to improve the product, offering and platform that will result in growth and increased uptake.
- 3 – 5 years of direct work experience in business development or sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering and/or relevant industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Driven, confident and most importantly humble
- Savvy and opportunistic, but most importantly honest
- Be highly motivated and target driven
- Be open to feedback and scope for improvement
- Ability to build productive professional relationships
- Excellent negotiation, objection handling and communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Good command of the English Language
- Able to travel for business
Knowledge/Experience in the following areas will be beneficial but not required:
- Proficient business-level command of an additional international language:
- eg, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, German, Italian etc.
- Post-Graduate degree
- International Logistics & Taxation
- Supply Chain
- Dangerous Goods