Posted: 20 November 2023
A payment solutions provider is looking for a Debtors and Creditors Clerk to assist the accountants with various creditor and debtor functions/duties within the Finance Department.
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare and monitor Debtors age analysis
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into SAP business
- Maintain the accounts receivable systems in order to ensure completeand accurate records of all clients.
- Prepare and send monthly debtors’ invoices and statements.
- Following up debtor payment agreements.
- Communicate (both verbal and written) with debtors with regard tooverdue accounts.
- Maintain and implement clear communication processes between theFinance and sales team regarding outstanding debt.
- Manage the handing over of bad debts to legal and the allocation of baddebts recovered.
- Debtors and Cashbook Reconciliations.
- Ensuring that the Debtor’s Management Policy is understood and
- Perform administration duties ensuring monthly deadlines are adheredto and collection targets are met, preparation of annual audit schedules,filing etc
- Maintain supplier information
- Adding new suppliers onto SAP (BEE certificate, New Supplier Form,Bank Account confirmation letter)
- Obtain quotations for purchases over R50K
- Generate PO, GRN and match to invoice
- Ensure invoices are approved prior to payment
- Ensure invoices are VAT compliant
- SAP Business one processing e.g. journal entries, debtors’ statements, etc.
- Filing of debtors documents, legal agreements, invoices, etc onto shared
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders regarding debtor’s-related queries
- General Assistance to Finance Manager and Management Accountant.
- Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics and Accounting essential
- Higher Certificate in Accounting/ Bookkeeping/ Finance-relatedqualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar/ finance-related role
- Extensive knowledge of debtor process and debt collecting with a proventrack record in debtors’ collections
- Hands-on knowledge of SAP business one or similar accounting systemswill be advantageous.
- Computer literacy is essential (particularly Outlook, MS Excel, and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop purposeful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Deadline-driven, with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan.
- Commitment to confidentiality;
- Ability to accurately enter and manage sensitive data and confidential matters