Posted: 5 December 2023
A company offering legal and financial consulting services is looking for an EPM Planning & Budgeting Manager to bring in-depth market experience, who see technology as a way to enable and drive human innovation and who want to be a part of a community of solvers, to tackle the biggest challenges in society.
If you are looking for a career where every day is different, where challenges are complex and where you can make a real difference, then we want to hear from you. This opportunity allows you to work with teams all over the world, harnessing the power of world leading tech and making a difference to real people’s lives.
We are looking to recruit exceptional individuals with a proven track record in planning and budgeting technology and/or process (5 years relevant experience).
As an EPM Manager you’ll work with the latest technologies and big-name companies on projects that are driving the future of those organisations. You could be brainstorming with the client at the outset of a project, so that you learn how their business works before devising the right strategy. Equally you could be involved in agile delivery – designing, testing or launching the technology that will make the difference.
Being mobile is essential as you’ll work on client projects that could be anywhere in the country – or even the world. The same goes for your skill set – intellectually curious, dynamic and the ability to challenge the traditional approaches to deliver real transformation.
Ultimately, an open mind to take advantage of all of the opportunities on offer is essential.
Location: Cape Town / Johannesburg / Durban
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- You will blend a natural interest in technology and finance to develop creative ideas into solutions. Your primary focus will be on planning and budgeting technology, therefore a proven understanding of the FP&A process is crucial. The industry leading methodologies play a major part in finance transformation programmes for our clients, and we’re always looking to stay one step ahead. This means you’ll be working alongside other experts in emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, ChatBots) to deliver innovative solutions to solve important business problems for our clients.
In particular, you will be expected to be responsible for:
- Delivering Integrated Business Planning aspects of a Finance Transformation project/programme as a key member of mixed business/ client teams. This includes delivery of the latest FP&A Technology solutions such as Oracle PBCS/EPBCS, OneStream, Anaplan or Tagetik.
- Leading the delivery of projects or workstreams within larger programmes.
- Embedding sustainable change across all levels of the finance function.
- Accountability for the sustainability of project benefits.
- Identifying further service opportunities, while client side.
- Business Development:
- Contributing to our continued Finance Transformation thought leadership, working closely with colleagues in Strategy, Finance and Technology Consulting
- Mentoring and coaching other team members.
- Developing new ideas, new ways of working with an unlimited creativity licence.
- Building and maintaining deep and long lasting relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Education to Degree level as a minimum.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have a thorough understanding of accounting and finance, especially those who hold a Professional Accounting designation (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent).
One of the following (or both):
- Proven, demonstrable planning and budgeting system implementation experience, preferably at large, complex multinationals, and are considered an expert and leader in your field;
- A track record in implementing finance process change enabled by technology, either as a consultant or within a finance function.
- A strong understanding of how digital technology is changing finance over the short, medium and long term.
- Refined leadership qualities with a focus on team enhancement and growth
- exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) with a focus on the ability to influence and drive change through complex organisations.
- A creative and inquisitive mind-set that challenges the status quo.
Desirable skill sets include:
- Experience of working with EPM Cloud products such as EPBCS, PBCS, OneStream, Anaplan or Tagetik.
- Experience of working with other emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, AI etc.).