Posted: 1 February 2024
This role is responsible for the handling, troubleshooting and resolution of incoming queries from a
vast user base. This role provides front line support to the customers, and is often the first contact
that the users have with the service. It is therefore a key requisite of this post to maintain a customer
focus as all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answer and address all requests via email, telephonically or verbally in accordance with Service
Level Agreements as well as processes and policies relating to the operation of the Support Desk,
- To accurately record, prioritize, assign and update all support requests through the chosen
- To ensure that every activity performed in the call resolution process is captured, in real time,
accurately and with the required detail on the chosen help desk software.
- To action, assign, escalate and resolve first, second and third level calls, in accordance with
Service Level Agreements, processes and policies, within Service Level time frames.
- Ensure that the implemented escalation processes are followed.
- Ensure that the implemented communication processes are followed.
- Ensure that the defined priority levels are adhered to and followed.
- To ensure that the call number, priority and estimated timescales are clearly and positively
communicated to the customer telephonically and via email.
- To ensure that customers receive regular updates on call status.
- To log calls with other service organizations providing sufficient information to meet their data
requirements and ensure an accurate priority can be applied.
- To ensure that all open calls logged with services organizations are followed up, updated and
escalated in accordance with Service Level Agreements, processes and policies.
- To maintain skills to meet changes in new technology
- Any other duties as requested by the Manager: Support Desk Services or Netflow Management.
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential
- In the process of obtaining or recently obtained a Diploma/degree relevant to IT (A +, N+)
- Understanding of Linux Operating System, TCP/IP and OSI model
- Excellent understanding of MS Office: support level
- Remote Desktop or similar pc remote tools
- An understanding of the LAN and WAN environment
- Problem solving and good analytical skills
- Ability to multitask & use Initiative
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructures
- Good knowledge of PC’s and fault-finding
- Interpersonal skills