Posted: 30 January 2024
The aim of this role is to ensure the effective confirmation, management, planning and coordination of events at the Forum – Campus. The incumbent in this role will be at the forefront of inspirational for all occasions.
Key Tasks and Outcomes:
- Management of all small conference and function enquiries including following up, sending of relevant materials, costing etc.
- Ensuring that spaces are not over booked and that areas allocated take the number of clients that are booking.
- Complete function sheet within 1 week of event taking place on all details, including layouts, agenda, menu, AV requirements etc.
- Conducting site inspections with potential and existing clients.
- Meet with your clients on the day of the event, check with them through the function
- Feedback to client post event and on further potential bookings
- Weekly reporting on conferencing and function enquiries by month with status update and reason for cancellation if applicable
- Reporting and tracking on conversions and cancellations.
- Preparing quotations for sign off.
- Ensuring terms and conditions are signed off to hand over to the AR controller.
- Prepare final invoice for client sign off and final payment to be made.
- Forecasting knowledge
- Creative event management skills
- A passion for client interaction (face to face)
- Attention to detail
- Good command of English language (written and spoken)
Competencies required for the role:
- Patience for execution
- Relating to people at all levels
- Planning and organizing competencies
- Copes under pressure and adapts to change
- Relevant degree or diploma
- 3-5 years event experience with a proven track record.
- MS Office – Advanced
- Sound financial business knowledge and acumen
- Good communication and team building skills
- Results oriented