Posted: 5 January 2024
Consulmet (Pty) Ltd is looking for an Electrical Engineer to be based on site in Angola.
This role will encompass providing Electrical engineering support to our project team on site, as well as:
- Provide safe, efficient and reliable Electrical engineering to the team, including procurement of equipment, disposal of equipment and improvement plans;
- Ensure the project is adequately planned by developing technical specifications, job instructions / procedures, material and services requirements, labour and skill requirements, tools and equipment requirements, industrial notifications, environmental clearances, permits and safety management plans.
- Ensure electrical protection and hazardous risks are managed and controlled accordingly.
- Work with the electrical equipment list from Process Flow Diagram of mineral processing plant;
- Adhere to the scope of work for construction of Motor control centre against Electrical Equipment list;
- Issue Requests for quotations to MCC builders;
- Manage all electrical sub-contractors on the project in terms of deliverables, costing, engineering, scheduling, equipment and brand selection, as well as quality of work;
- Manage cost control and budgeting;
- Oversee cable schedule and scope of work for field installation of equipment;
- Perform inspection of field installation work to check that it is according to the scope of work and according to schedule;
- Do commissioning stage C1 to C5 sign over of plant to client;
- Perform inspection of goods received at site and report on the condition;
- Ensure adherence to SHE rules;
- Report to site manager on progress of installation and commissioning work, albeit remotely.
Qualifications/ Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent post trade qualifications
- A high-level understanding of regulatory standards will be required to ensure statutory compliance for Electrical activities at the mine.
- An advantage but not essential would be the knowledge of or proficient use of Autocad or the like
- Experince in site based work
- A valid passport
- A clear medical report
- Vaccination card (yellow fever & Covid)