Posted: 17 January 2024
The purpose of the Trainee Regional People Partner is a learning and development opportunity as part of the Divisional and Regional People Succession planning and People capability and capacity pipeline. The incumbent will work against the Regional People Partner accountabilities to ensure comprehensive exposure to the future role. The purpose of the future role of Regional People Partner is to work alongside the Divisional People Partner and business to ensure efficient and effective functional People operational delivery and practice management to the assigned division, business leadership, employees and other related stakeholders to drive the People agenda as aligned with business strategic and operations objectives.
Employee Centric Delivery
- Providing input into the People strategy for the Division and specific region and ensuring effective implementation plans
- Driving People operational planning as input into the divisional and regional operations plans.
- Executing against the Divisional People Roadmap
- Delivering end-to-end People services and solutions to the business, including the facilitation and resolution of industrial relations related matters.
- Guiding and coaching the team on People practices, policies and procedures and managing escalations from within the region. Staying abreast of new developments withing the People team to ensure that the region is aligned and aware of People service and solution capabilities and offerings.
- Collaborating with the broader People team to enable provision of services and solutions.
- Driving the implementation of People projects and/or new People initiatives in the division, inclusive of all employee enablement and optimisation initiatives.
- Consolidating workforce capability and capacity requirements and developing the workforce plan and structural requirements for business.
- Together with the Divisional People Partner and Recruitment Consultant, overseeing the sourcing, recruitment and onboarding of the region.
- Together with the Divisional People Partner and in conjunction with People Solutions and Services Teams, overseeing and tracking career management and succession planning for the Region.
- Managing the regional execution of talent management for the business and associated budgeting and administration.
- Managing People data and trends within the region to diagnose people issues and to provide insight into recommending effective solutions for the business in collaboration with the People team.
- Providing guidance and People advisory services to leadership within the region and aligning change priorities and agendas to align People and regional objectives and timelines.
- Providing holistic People support to the region by delivering on the full People value chain and employee life cycle.
People (Self, Team and Organisational)
- Facilitating various People activities, operations and administration withing the region to enable optimal productivity and engagement.
- Managing employee engagement initiatives for the region.
- Managing employee wellness initiatives in the region.
- Co-creating People solutions with the region to ensure that all individual, team and organisational imperatives are aligned.
Financial, Reporting and BI
- Developing the regional People budget as input into the business operational budget and/or the People Partner budget within the People structures.
- Managing People related costs and financial compliance as applicable for the region.
- Taking accountability for all People related data and system inputs for the region including the accuracy of organisational structures, reporting lines, location and other People data attributes.
- Driving the use of data to empower People related decision-making and sharing both traditional People metrics and new People insights with the region.
Governance & Compliance
- Managing adherence to People governance structures, policies, processes, frameworks and procedures for the region.
- Implementing People governance, structures, policies, processes and frameworks within the region.
- Managing the identification and mitigation of key People risks for the region in conjunction with Operations teams. Accountable for the delivery of a regional People Risk Plan.
- Overseeing the implementation of change initiatives to drive adoption of change.
- Managing the identification of relevant technology requirements for the People function in the region to enable a seamless employee experience.
- Managing opportunities for continuous improvement in regional people processes in conjunction with the Divisional People Partner, People Solutions and Services team.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources Management (Essential)
- +1 years in an HR Business Partnering or equivalent role (Essential)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience within the FMCG and retail sector (Preferred)
Our Group and all its operating companies are committed to creating, embracing, and preserving a diverse workplace that values the unique talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities that enrich our organisation. A place where everyone matters and feels included.