Posted: 13 February 2024
A leading FMCG exporter is currently looking for a dynamic Outbound Loading Manager to join their team based in their Durban Warehouse, and who will be responsible for overseeing the organizations’ loading division.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- This position is accountable for managing all the loading of export containers out of the warehouse.
- This position ensures that high quality standards are met with regards to loading and inventory organization while protecting and maintaining company assets.
- Supervision of checker/loader associates and maintaining branch yard cleanliness
- Ensure the efficient operation of all phases of loading including the staging of containers prior to the loading.
- Work closely with Route Operations to ensure all product and equipment needs are met on time.
- Set daily workload schedules that will efficiently manage the department.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of the loading area to maximize efficiencies and output.
- Train associates to operate and maintain all equipment ensuring safety, quality, and efficiencies.
- Maintain facility organization and cleanliness in route loading and product storage areas.
- Ensure that safety standards are met as according to the Health and Safety Act.
- Must be able to work weekends as and when required.
- Management of 3rd Party Logistics (inbound and Outbound)
- Responsible for administrative duties and reports.
- Perform the role of 2IC manager in the absence of the Warehouse Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift operator certification.
- Knowledge of safety regulations as per the Health and Safety Act
- At least 3 years of experience in logistics or related field
- Proficiency in computer operations and MS Office