Posted: 17 January 2024
The purpose of the Regional People Partner role is to work alongside the Divisional People Partner and business to ensure efficient and effective functional People operational delivery and practice management to the assigned division, business leadership, employees, and other related stakeholders to drive the People agenda as aligned with business strategic and operational objectives. The People Regional People Partner gives input to all functional People related requirements and is key to the day-to-day operational excellence of their business operations. The role drives the tactical and routine People service delivery aspects in their business areas and takes operational accountability for the overall performance and productivity of the People goals within their operational regions.
Employee Centric Delivery
- Providing input into the People strategy for the Division and specific region and ensuring effective
- implementation plans.
- Driving People operational planning as input into the divisional and regional operational plans.
- Executing against the Divisional People Roadmap.
- Delivering end-to-end People services and solutions to the business, including the facilitation and
resolution of industrial relations related matters.
- Guiding and coaching the team on People practices, policies and procedures and managing escalations from within the region.
- Staying abreast of new developments within the People team to ensure that the region is aligned and aware of People service and solution capabilities and offerings.
- Collaborating with the broader People team to enable provision of services and solutions.
- Driving the implementation of People projects and/or new People initiatives in the division, inclusive of all employee enablement and optimisation initiatives.
- Consolidating workforce capability and capacity requirements and developing the workforce plan and structural requirements for business.
- Together with the Divisional People Partner and Recruitment Consultant, overseeing the sourcing, recruitment, and onboarding for the region (in alignment with the People Solutions and Services Teams).
- Together with the Divisional People Partner and in conjunction with People Solutions and Services Teams, overseeing and tracking career management and succession planning for the Region (Workplace Skills Plan).
- Managing the regional execution of talent management (including performance management, learning and development) for the business and associated budgeting and administration.
- Managing People data and trends within the region in order to diagnose people issues and to provide insight into recommending effective solutions for the business in collaboration with the People team.
- Providing guidance and People advisory services to leadership within the region and aligning change priorities and agendas to align People and regional objectives and timelines.
- Providing holistic People support to the region by delivering on the full People value chain and employee life cycle. Supporting the Region on various workforce management, scheduling, time and attendance and other People wellness and health and safety activities to ensure the overall wellbeing and operational efficiency of the region.
People (Self, Team & Organisational)
- Facilitating various People activities, operations, and administration within the region to enable optimal productivity and engagement.
- Managing employee engagement initiatives for the region.
- Managing employee wellness initiatives in the business region.
- Co-creating People solutions with the region to ensure that all individual, team and organisational imperatives are aligned.
Financial, Reporting & BI
- Developing the regional People budget as input into the business operational budget and or the People Partner budget within the People structures.
- Managing People related costs and financial compliance as applicable for the region.
- Taking accountability for all People related data and system inputs for the region including the accuracy of organisational structures, reporting lines, location, and other People data attributes.
- Driving the use of data to empower People related decision-making and sharing both traditional People metrics and new People insights with the region.
Governance & Compliance
- Managing adherence to People governance structures, policies, processes, frameworks, and procedures for the region.
- Implementing People governance, structures, policies, processes, procedures, and frameworks within the region.
- Managing the identification and mitigation of key People risks for the region in conjunction with
- Operations teams. Accountable for the delivery of a regional People Risk Plan.
- Overseeing the implementation of change initiatives to drive adoption of change.
- Managing the identification of relevant technology requirements for the People function in the region to enable a seamless employee experience.
- Managing opportunities for continuous improvement in regional People processes in conjunction with the Divisional People Partner, People Solutions and Services team.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent – (essential).
- +3 years in an HR Business Partnering or equivalent role, driving HR delivery of frameworks, policies, procedures, and guidelines and managing HR service delivery – (essential).
- Experience within the FMCG, retail sector or similar – (preferred).
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR practices within the FMCG, retail sector, applying the principles of optimum capability and capacity planning in a retail orientated environment – (essential).
- Exposure to statutory requirements, applying and monitoring relevant laws, regulations, and best practices as they relate to HR in the specific operational context. Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations – (essential).
- A sound understanding of diversity and inclusion concepts and processes and the link between employment equity and good HR practices – (essential).
- We value practical learning experiences, if a candidate does not have a degree, demonstrable relevant experience will be considered. A proven track record of strong generalist HR delivery executing the tactical aspects of HR delivery in a retail environment – (essential).
Key Competencies and Work Ethic
The competencies included in this Role Profile indicate the nature of competencies that will contribute positively to the outputs of this role. This is not an exhaustive or exclusive list of competencies, but the most likely.
- Connecting & Initiating – Recognises and values the contributions of others. Prioritises team goals and is willing to assist others in goal achievement. Holds themselves accountable to others. Is committed to cooperating with others to achieve organisational objectives. Works well independently without direction or reassurance from others. Understands the consequences of actions and takes accountability for making decisions within a mandate. Takes responsibility for actions and mistakes.
- Interacting & relating – Communicates confidently and shares openly. Shows patience and consideration for others. Is approachable and listens to the needs expressed by others. Recognises the impact of their behaviour on others and adapts their interpersonal style accordingly.
- Executing & achieving – Plans activities and projects well in advance. Shows commitment by having contingency plans in place. Draws on ideas and experiences to identify new approaches. Identifies inefficiencies and obstacles that could derail success for execution. Does not shy away from complex and difficult assignments. Examines own output, looking for potential improvements. Takes accountability for the effective execution of tasks and responsibilities. Achieves results despite obstacles and challenges.
- Responding & adapting – Responds quickly to challenging situations and learns new coping strategies. Alters normal procedures to remain productive and achieve results. Ensures the quality of their work is not impacted when working under pressure. Maintains confidence and performance in the face of challenges. Willingly considers new ideas, procedures, or processes to address a situation. Can adapt in fast paced working environments. Shows determination when managing the challenges that accompany change. Focuses on the benefits of change initiatives.
- Analysing & Innovating – Systematically analyses information and readily comprehends new concepts and information. Develops ideas and identifies alternative approaches to the prevailing processes and practices. Investigates courses of action to identify the most appropriate solution. Evaluates the impact of proposed solutions. Considers how new ideas can be put into practice. Takes accountability for implementing new ways of working.
- Performance & output alignment – Interprets individual and team performance data to identify areas of poor performance. Co-creates individual and team performance improvement plans. Aligns functional activities and outputs to the broader People team. Analyses information, workflow procedures and methods to continuously improve. Aligns with the planning, reporting and budgeting timelines, collates information for planning, reporting & budgeting inputs.
- Human Capital administration, policies & procedures – Applies understanding of the organisation’s HC operating model and how the administrative function integrates with other functions. Mitigates HC risks by applying HC policies, processes, and relevant regulations. Applies data security of employee files and records and makes optimal use of HC systems to maintain people data.
- Human Capital partnering & implementation – Provides general ongoing HC services to the business unit / operating area. Applies and shares knowledge of the business environment and business objectives to align HC implementation plans. In conjunction with the People Partner and HC Delivery team, implements the key HC practices as aligned with the HC Strategy and respective HC Solutions and Services practice leads: talent management: workplace skills plans, recruitment and selection, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, reward and OE etc. Applies relevant people legislative and regulatory requirements for the operating environment and ensures an implementation plan conducive to operational readiness in the specific business / operating area. Applies HC policies and procedures and interprets people data for decision-making. Supports HC delivery team, managers and employees with queries during the different stages of the employee life cycle.
- Human Capital development – Applies skills development practices within the business / operating areas ensuring ongoing support and alignment of the Divisional Training Managers and/or the Solutions L&D team. Applies the company learning and development policy and process to identify and capture learning requirements, as well as the planning and coordinating of learning interventions. Ability to apply reporting requirements for learning needs analysis and interventions. Supports and guides employees and managers with compiling personal development plans.
- Governance & ethical behaviour – Applies the Governance Policy, Code of Conduct, and ethical behaviour. Addresses non-compliance and implements suitable corrections.