Posted: 10 January 2024
BUSINESS PROJECT MANAGER
BELLVILLE (CAPE TOWN)
There is a need for a Business Project Manager in Client Solutions Direct to support the Direct Business & Portfolio team in a permanent capacity to coordinate and manage business optimisation projects through managing and tracking changes brought about by growth opportunities and operational improvement initiatives.
Manage and Plan the Direct Business optimisation Projects Change requests by understanding the scope and product backlog. Project Planning, including scoping, conceptual sprint planning, and development. Monitoring and tracking changes that come into the Direct Backlog, facilitating Business prioritisation sessions, and prepping the new CRs as per the BPF process. Work with relevant Scrum master by allocating to the relevant value stream and assist the team with sizing and estimating. To Manage and Ensure that the Direct Confluence and Jira boards are up-to-date and current and to provide input into the agreed reporting forums. Provide Jira and confluence training to new business resources and to ensure best practice(i.e. alignment with Santam IT Best Practice). Update, Monitor, and track the Direct Portfolio Risk and Issue log. Timesheet management for Direct Portfolio resources
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
• Business Optimisation and Change Requests Project Management
• Responsible for work management of the Confluence and Jira boards
• Responsible for diarising training schedules new business take-ons and aligning with Santam BITS and best practices
• Responsible for status reports on updated Jira and Confluence extracted as agreed with Stakeholders and ready for Forums
• Engage Stakeholders by giving input into Change and Training Plans and ensure that identified Forums have been scheduled Quarterly.
• Give input into Change and Training Plans.
• Ensure that identified Forums have been scheduled Quarterly: Tracking of treatment plans with Owners are up to date and current
• Responsible for Timesheet Management: Ensure that all CR’s raised and allocated to Direct BA’s are assigned and linked to the timesheets on Tempo
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
• List the policies, procedures and regulatory frameworks that govern this role’s freedom to act.
• Agile methodologies
• Project Risk and Issues management as per company standard
• Atlassian Suite as per Company Best practice
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Agile Projct Management Certification as recognised by Santam or Equivalent experience
• 2-4 Years relevant experienceev
• Experience in using the Atlassian Suite
• Atlassian Suite(Confluence, Jira and Tempo) & management thereof
• Agile project management methodologies
• Project Reporting
• Facilitating project forums
• Adherence to project governance and compliance
• Proven track record of working in a Business project environment
• Organised and Time Management
• Quality focused
• Quality focused
• Industry Technical knowledge
• Stakeholder Management
• Emotional intelligence
• Ethical Conduct
• Attention to Detail
Santam is the leading short-term insurer in South Africa. Along with its subsidiaries, the business transacts all classes of short-term insurance. Santam is a large, diversified, and transforming company and our success is rooted in our passion for our clients. Everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
Please note this appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity targets. People with disabilities are welcome to apply
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its five business clusters – Sanlam Fintech, Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Allianz, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.