Posted: 10 January 2024
The Care Manager position requires a candidate who is proficient in designing and implementing nursing policies and procedures, conducting nursing assessments, and creating nursing care plans tailored to meet the daily living requirements of residents based on their nursing needs. The role involves competent scheduling of activities and resources, ensuring the efficient delivery of services to residents. The Care Manager must be skilled in diagnosing and, within legal constraints, treating illnesses. A valid Code 08 driver’s licence is essential for this role. Proficiency in both English and Afrikaans, along with computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages, is required. Effective and professional communication with staff, clients, and family inquiries is a crucial aspect of this position.
The Care Manager role seeks a Registered Nurse with a 4-Year Diploma or BCurr, registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC). The ideal candidate must possess experience in managing people, processes, and resources, with expertise in professional nursing processes, employee training, gerontology/geriatrics, and the ageing process. Proficiency in nursing care plans and assessments for the aged, including the physically and/or mentally frail, is essential. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse team, excellent management and communication skills, and the capacity to evaluate the standard of care services, and provide recommendations.
– FORMAL EDUCATION: Registered Nurse with a 4-Year Diploma or BCurr (SANC registered)
– Must have experience in managing people, processes, and resources.
– Proficient in professional nursing processes and practices.
– Experience in employee training and development.
– Familiarity with gerontology/geriatrics and the ageing process.
– Competence in nursing care plans and assessments for the aged, including the physically and/or mentally frail.
– Ability to work with a diverse team.
– Excellent management and communication skills.
– Capability to evaluate the standard of care services and make recommendations.
– Must have a positive and proactive attitude in caring for the aged.
– Dedication and commitment to identifying needs and providing person-centred care.
– Observant and enthusiastic approach.
– Patience, empathy, and understanding of limitations.
Interested applicants meeting the essential minimum requirements are invited to contact Shaun Fabricius at 021-930-6035 or submit their written application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.