Posted: 30 January 2024
Location: Bellville, Cape Town
WHO ARE WE?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This career opportunities are available at Santam Direct for a Client Service Consultant; the successful incumbent will be based in Bellville.
The Client Service Consultant will offer world class products and services to clients, whilst achieving targets related to quality, productivity and compliments in a call center environment.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- Accurately capture client information on the relevant system.
- Execute client requests within the agreed timeframes, quality standards and legislation.
- Handle all the administrative tasks according to agreed standards and turnaround times.
- Engage with client in a client centricity manner.
- Ensuring accurate completion client requests and follows up to ensure queries are resolved timeously, as per service level agreement.
- Providing effective, efficient and professional service to all our clients and offices, both telephonically and through written correspondence.
- Ensuring client service level agreements are met and exceeded.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Consistent achievement of agreed productivity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/ Matric
- NQF Level 4 Qualification in Short Term Insurance
- Completed Regulatory Exam (RE 5)
- A minimum of 3years experience in short term insurance (Personal Lines Insurance)
- Willingness to work shifts as well as overtime
- There will be a probationary period for three months, which consist of the following two phases:
- There will be a 6 week training period after which your knowledge will be assessed; and
- On a job evaluation phase during which progress will be measured against your ongoing ability to meet a set sales target.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and comfortable in taking initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Customer Service
- Quality, compliance and accreditation
- Team Support
- Personal Attributes
- Communicates effectively – Contributing independently
- Action orientated – Contributing independently
- Situational adaptability – Contributing independently
- Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
- Customer focus – Contributing independently
- Collaborates – Contributing independently
- Being resilient – Contributing independently
- Drives results – Contributing independently