Posted: 10 January 2024
Introduction to SOLA
The SOLA Group is a vertically-integrated provider of renewable energy solutions, aiming to transform Africa through clean energy. With over 13 years of experience, SOLA’s expertise lies in the origination, development, financing, engineering design, project management and Operations and Maintenance of renewable energy facilities. For more information, visit www.solagroup.co.za.
The overall purpose of the position:
The purpose of this role relates to the contractual management and administration of a large number of contracts and legal documents within the inter-related infrastructure project, finance and corporate spheres.
Reports to: Asset Manager: Legal & Compliance
Location: Cape Town
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Detailed knowledge of various Project Agreements such as Power Purchase Agreements, EPC Contracts, O&M Agreements, as well as Finance and Corporate Agreements. Candidate will be required to manage the stakeholders effectively in line with the relevant contracts.
- Assess opportunities to improve contract performance and security.
- Monitoring the interfaces between the different contracts to anticipate and mitigate potential impacts from one on the other.
- Identifying and documenting discrepancies between contract performance and related provisions of the contracts, and breach or lack of consistency between contracts.
- Assist with drafting of contractual notices and correspondence, and monitoring timely responses between various counter parties .
- Monitors and manages the company’s various certifications, insurance policies, bonds, guarantees, and works actively to ensure timely renewals.
- Contract planning and administration of multiple corporate, project and finance documents between different stakeholders, and inter-related entities within the company’s group structure.
- Assist Company Secretary in various meeting administration related tasks (board meetings, sub-committee meetings, Annual General Meetings, etc).
- Management of appropriate and efficient filing systems for various contracts and documentation.
- Interfaces with senior management team, company secretary, finance and legal personnel to meet overall project deliverables.
Key Performance Indicators
- Responding to contractual-related queries within the relevant time-frames
- Accurate and timeous drafting of legal documentations
- Ensuring mitigation of contract-related risks
- Maintenance of an organized system for contracts, legal documents etc.
- At minimum, a Legal related tertiary qualification (eg. BCom Law, LLB, etc).
- Must have 2- 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in project finance / infrastructure development in South Africa and/or corporate law with exposure to the following agreements will be advantageous:
- Project Agreements (PPA, EPC, O&M, MSA)
- Finance Agreements (CTA, FA, Security Documents)
- Corporate Agreements (MOI, SHA)
- Direct experience in renewable energy will be advantageous.
- Must be confident in handling multiple long agreements.
- The ideal candidate will have an acute attention to detail, excellent organization and document management skills.
- Must be fully proficient in English (verbal and written communication), and an excellent communicator.
- Must be fully computer literate (MS Office Suite and Google App Suite).
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about the renewable energy industry and will embody respect and responsibility in the full sense of the word, while enjoying contributing to a team of highly knowledgeable professionals.
At SOLA one of our core values is Dig Diversity and we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse and inclusive workplace, representative of the demographics of our society. We therefore give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with our Employment Equity plan.