Posted: 21 February 2023
A Power Solutions provider who offers a wide variety of energy solutions to sectional title schemes, commercial and industrial customers, is looking for an Installation Electrician to assist the team with providing services to customers in Cape Town and the surrounding areas.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a dynamic, expanding company that has a strong commitment to offering first-rate service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with metering installations, faults and replacements
- Investigate, report and resolve metering irregularities
- Metering hierarchy verification and creating and updating SLD
- Contacting, meeting and resolving issues and projects with local supply authority
- Compiling proposal and costing for electrical projects and systems
- Energy management – investigation, reporting, solutions and proposals
- Support other operational staff.
- Installing of electricity logger
- Monitor system alerts and respond to any issue.
- Assist with UPS, backup power and solar installations
- Transformer and substation monthly inspection and reporting.
- Attend and assist with emergency electrical and generator breakdowns
- Managing subcontractors which includes obtaining quotes, checking and comparing quotes, quality control, work is scheduled and completed in a timeously fashion
- Project management
- Assist and provide technical electrical support to all entities including Retirement villages, Internet service department, camera surveillance and Managing agent department.
- Researching and staying up to date with new technology and practises
- Working on online prepaid vending system – training will be provided
- Assisting with BMS and general queries and problems
- N6 Electrical Engineering qualification
- Installation Electrician Certification is advantageous
- Proven experience as an installation electrician
- Good at adhering to strict safety guidelines and cognizant of safety risks
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven organisational and administration skills
- Able to perform under pressure
- Able to work well within a team and individually
- Deadline driven
- Availability to travel regularly to different sites