Posted: 13 January 2023
As an IT Systems Administrator working in a card production and personalization bureau, you would be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining the computer systems and IT infrastructure used to produce and personalize cards. This may include card production equipment, card personalization software, databases, servers, networking equipment, IT process automation.
Blackheath, Cape Town
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients and internal stakeholders to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Coordinate with other IT staff and external vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Keep clients informed of progress and resolution of technical issues.
- Liaising with the department manager to ensure that systems are running optimally and according to PCI-CP requirements.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Keeping the working environment in a neat and tidy condition.
- Adhering to the organization’s values and mission, and helping to promote a positive and inclusive culture.
- Participating in team-building activities and initiatives.
- Encouraging open communication and collaboration within the team.
- Leading by example and setting a positive example for others to follow.
- Seeking out opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Respecting diversity and promoting inclusivity within the team and organization.
- Participating in the development and implementation of HR policies and practices related to the IT team.
- Complying with all PCI:CP production and IT controls.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Desired experience and qualification
- Relevant degree or diploma in Information systems or information technology.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with: MS SQL and database operations; sFTP; and PGP.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security including Firewalls.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Able to prioritise work based on customer demands.
- Not restricted by bending, twisting, lifting, walking, climbing or other physical exerted activities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement methodologies.
- Experience working with vendor management and external IT service providers.