Posted: 28 December 2023
An equity group that holds investments in a group of businesses ranging from technology, transport infrastructure, telecoms and property is looking for an experienced Maintenance and Repairs Manager, who will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the Groups’ property and Technology business portfolio. The Groups portfolio currently includes a business park and several commercial, industrial, and residential properties, as well as a Telecommunications / Solar business.
We therefore are looking for an individual with excellent communication, organizational, technical and management skills who will ensure that your assigned responsibilities are always in compliance with all applicable regulations and sector codes, amongst other. As an experienced manager, he or she should be able to respond to and resolve any issues reported by tenants and other stakeholders efficiently and timeously.
The Maintenance and Repairs Manager will be required to support the Group Business Manager and Group CEO, by acting diligently and providing professional reporting to the Executive and the Board. The Maintenance and Repairs Manager will always ensure that the Group’s assigned responsibilities are maintained to the highest standard.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinating and overseeing regular building maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services.
- Managing and directing cleaning and security staff and activities.
- Preparing and carrying out emergency protocols and procedures.
- Maintaining a safe environment for building occupants, service providers and visitors.
- Preparing and monitoring maintenance budgets.
- Conducting regular building inspections and preparing reports.
- Ensuring facilities are in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and building codes.
- Responding to inquiries and requests of tenants and resolving any problems or issues.
- Co-ordinate the Telecoms / Solar Operations for the Western Cape Region.
- Act as primary agent to all internal and external stakeholders, and inter alia administration and relationship management.
- Ensuring building safety for both tenants and visitors
- Have a Certificate as a qualified electrician preferably as an Installation Electrician or a similar qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience as a building trade or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations in the construction trade.
- Excellent management and negotiating skills.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Advantageous to have acute knowledge in the following areas:
- Asset and Inventory Control
- Telecommunication networks
- Property maintenance and includes:
- fire equipment and system inspection, fire sprinkler systems, stacking regulations.
- air conditioning systems
- Distribution boards and electricity supply systems
- General layout of plumbing works
- Preventative maintenance
- General knowledge of the construction sector
- Cost Management, Procurement and maintaining records relating to expenses and maintenance.