Posted: 30 January 2024
A dynamic, vibrant and growing cosmetics business is looking for an Operations Manager in the Production department who will be responsible for providing leadership for the operation of the Production Floor, Bulk Processing, Raw Materials and Components Warehouses by making and implementing strategic, policy and procedural decisions to promote a company culture that encourages high morale, performance and operational efficiency.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role in the Cosmetics, Food or Pharma industry.
- Supply chain Management degree / Engineering Degree or equivalent advantageous
- Knowledge of supply chain and operations best practices, GMP, ISO-22716 advantageous.
- Knowledge of Six-Sigma methodology and Lean Manufacturing methodologies advantageous.
- Strong Leadership and Analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Computer proficient MS Office, Word/Excel/Power Point.
- Previous experience using a formal ERP system
- Must have the ability to adopt practical approaches
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Planning, organizing, follow up and feedback
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Goal driven and Service Delivery should be your passion
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with English the main medium of communication and other South African language an added advantage.
- Must show commitment – the position requires flexibility and after-hours availability when required
- Must be able to work well under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Must be computer Literate – excellent Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required and adaptability to learn inhouse web-based systems and more, as required