Posted: 5 January 2024
A business offering smart or prepaid water meters, alternative water solutions and management to apartment blocks and new developments around Cape Town is looking for a Senior Maintenance Plumber to join their team
This role is perfect for an energetic individual with a can-do attitude and deep appreciation for being involved in impactful work as there are exceptional growth opportunities in the business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
Conduct site inspections for new business proposals, obtain project quotes, and oversee installations.
- Develop project plans outlining tasks, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Provide site report and pics, and advise on requirements
- Conduct inspections to ensure work meets industry standards and client expectations.
- Communicate regularly with clients to provide project updates, address concerns, and ensure satisfaction.
- Ensure projects adhere to standards, provide site reports and manage queries promptly.
- Offer information on the company and products to clients.
- Label prepaid meters correctly, program smart meters, and manage metering proposals.
- Handle reticulation management, create meter hierarchies, and allocate meters to customers.
- Address meter faults, monitor water costs, and respond to alarm notifications.
- Keep records of alarms and resolutions, conduct on-site readings using handheld devices, and activate
- Watereye client systems.
- Manage Airdrive borehole monitoring and investigate utility services for new buildings.
- Perform general on-site investigations to assist with utility queries.
- Tertiary qualification in plumbing (non-negotiable)
- Registered PIRB
- Proven experience within the utility field
- Proven experience with project management
- Knowledge of smart water meters (advantageous)
- Relevant experience in a similar role
Skills and Attributes:
Project management and execution.
- Proficient in addressing technical issues hands-on
- Proven organisational skills and good time management
- Client Relationship Management
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Customer service orientated
- Deadline driven