Posted: 3 January 2024
An integrated technology group is looking for a Setter Operator in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating different types of presses to produce high-quality Components. The ideal candidate should have experience in operating industrial machinery, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
The primary focus of this position is to use progressive dies in punch presses of various sizes to produce metal stamped components for the defence industry. The operator must be able to work from blueprints and manufacturing instructions to perform production tasks which includes the stamping, forming and inspection of components.
Shift work applies:
- Day shift: 07h30-15h30
- Afternoon Shift: 15h30-23h30
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance checks on machines.
- Monitor machine performance and make necessary adjustments to maintain production efficiency and minimize waste.
- Clean and maintain machines to prevent malfunctions and ensure optimal performance.
- Coordinate with other setters, operators and supervisors to ensure deadlines are met and production schedules are adhered to.
- Complete paperwork and maintain production records, ensuring accurate tracking of materials and resources.
- Setup and operate punch press machines using press tools, pitch feeders, hand tools, etc.
- Inspect stamped components using hand tools, automated equipment, microscopes, shadowgraphs etc.
- Measure and visually inspect products for cosmetic and dimensional defects.
- Read work instructions, and blueprints.
- Check correct materials supplied from stores.
- Work with the quality and engineering groups.
- Submission off first offs and last offs components.
- General housekeeping.
- Proven experience as a Press Operator or similar role, with a strong understanding of progressive press machinery operation.
- Technical knowledge of Hydraulic, Eccentric driven, Punch and Arch Presses and setting procedures, with demonstrated ability to perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify and correct quality issues according to iso standards.
- Able to lift and move heavy materials, stand for long periods of time, and work in a hot/cold and noisy environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Skilled in operating a measuring instruments and gauges.
- Basic hand tools hand tools required to set up and remove press tools.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and poses the skills to inspect parts per process on the production floor.
- Shift work