Posted: 11 January 2024
We are actively seeking a Social Media Manager, to take end to end ownership of all social media responsibilities. Social media is a part of our broader marketing function which are integral in shaping the future of our business and delivering formidable results in the digital marketing space.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our broader marketing strategy in the social space through creating compelling content and managing our social media channels. You will play a crucial role in shaping our brand’s online voice, connecting with our target audience, and monitoring performance metrics to drive meaningful results.
The successful candidate will have a demonstratable understanding of and experience in creating and running various social media campaigns across all major social networks. You will have to illustrate meticulous attention to detail and be familiar with marketing processes. You will work across multiple Sanlam Investment brands including, but not limited to, Amplify and Satrix.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with multiple business and marketing stakeholders regarding their strategies and initiatives and ensuring the social media strategy aligns to this and achieves their goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute campaign concepts and provide comprehensive briefs to external agencies and internal marketing functions for strategy execution.
- Conceptualise and create high-quality and engaging content, including posts, images, videos, and stories, that resonate with our target audience.
- Foster meaningful interactions with our followers, respond to comments and messages promptly, and build a loyal online community.
- Monitor and analyse key social media metrics and use data-driven insights to improve performance and track the success of campaigns.
- Identify and collaborate with influencers and brand advocates to expand our reach and credibility.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, monitor competitor activity, and identify opportunities to enhance our social media presence.
- Maintain a well-organised content calendar to ensure consistent posting and alignment with marketing initiatives.
- Ensure all social media activities adhere to company guidelines and legal regulations.
What will make you successful in this role?
- A strong understanding of all social media platforms including but not limited to their algorithms, paid social media campaigns and best practices for content on each.
- Proficiency in using social media analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Sprout Social and other third-party analytics platforms to track and analyse key performance metrics.
- Knowledge of A/B testing methodologies to optimise content, ad campaigns, and landing pages for improved performance.
- Ability to present social media data and insights in a visually compelling and understandable manner.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or Diploma with 4 to 6 years related experience.
- Background in social media marketing, copy writing, advertising, marketing, communications, mass media solid experience in a digital marketing environment in a similar role is preferred.
- Proficiency in the entire Microsoft suite as well as various Google tools, social media tools and listening tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual and with the broader marketing and communications departments.
- Agency and/or financial services background working on large brands; would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or Canva for creating visually appealing graphics and images, video editing skills using software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro may also be advantageous but not required.
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Mature, self-motivated, efficient, reliable, focused, and fast working
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Able to manage client expectations and ensure effective and timeous execution of deliverables.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Questioning and listening skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Support business strategies
- Digital and social media
- Design and implement digital processes and policies.
- Management of employees
- Business insight – Contributing through others.
- Communicates effectively – Contributing through others.
- Manages complexity – Contributing through others.
- Plans and aligns – Contributing through others.