Posted: 23 January 2024
A company that enhances patient activity and well-being with proven implants and connected technologies is looking for a Stock Controller for a 6-month contract (maternity leave). This person be responsible for the maintenance and control over the movement of inventory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Controlling and maintaining the processing of stock purchase orders.
- Enter shipping receipts and inventory data in the computer system.
- Verify receipts and confirm purchase contents and orders are complete.
- Ensure supplied inventory meets demand
- Prevent overstocking and ordering.
- Keep track of inventory that needs restocking, ie outstanding orders.
- Develop plans for purchasing inventory efficiently to meet the needs of the company.
- Create and maintain a detailed inventory list of all incoming, outgoing, and current supplies.
- Track and maintain inventory movement to ensure accuracy.
- Make note of damaged or expired inventory and manage the returns process.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Ensure accurate stock records by executing regular stock takes with CSD Managers.
- Coordinate movement of stock according to branch levels reports.
- Reporting to Sales & Finance Directors on a weekly basis to run through stock orders
Customer Quotes & Sales Invoicing Duties
- Capture and issue customer quotes and invoices accurately and timeously
- Communicate with customers and sales agents to resolve any discrepancies.
- Keep track of outstanding order numbers and report to Sales Manager weekly
- High school matriculation or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus
- Two (2) years’ experience as a stock controller or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Sage and Excel) – Must have Sage and Good Excel skills (vlookups)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
- Available to start 01 February 2024
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Customer Service Division (CSD) Managers
- Sales Agents
- Inventory Suppliers
- Sales Customers
Due to the nature of the business it is sometimes necessary to assist with tasks outside of the activities mentioned above. Each member of the division is therefore, expected to assist wherever possible with whatever task is required of them. The interaction and support within the team remains critical to the team success and no task is deemed to be outside of an employee’s job description