Posted: 13 February 2024
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible and accountable for the full accounts receivable and payable function
- Filing and administration
- Responsible and accountable for the full cash book function
- Assistance with the preparation of OPEX funding schedules and reconciliations
- Accounting for fixed assets as well as custodianship of the fixed asset register
- Assistance with the population of our management account packs
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of Value Added Tax, including maintenance of the VAT control account and preparation of the month-end VAT reconciliations
Day to day managing of all aspects relating to accounting
Determine revenue and expenditure
Determine monthly revenue forecast and perform monthly revenue analysis.
Create weekly & monthly revenue report to financial manager
ï§ Oversee financial transaction and process invoices promptly
ï§ Perform reconciliation of account receivable and payable
ï§ Report on alignment of costs to revenue
ï§ Work in compliance with company accounting standard and guidelines
ï§ Identify and resolve outstanding balances monthly
ï§ Perform record keeping of all financial operation
ï§ Create and distribute invoices based on contract and reporting data
ï§ Managing of bookkeeper
Education & Qualification
- Bcom or industry related degree
- Certificate in Bookkeeping/Fundamentals in Accounting or similar (NQF level 5 minimum)
Minimum of 5 years working experience as Accountant.
ï§ Proven experience dealing with accounts, financial systems management, and operations in a large and complex organisation.
ï§ Working experience with sundry debtors.
ï§ decentralized and challenging environments.
ï§ Working experience in calculation of “Cost of manufacturing” (finished goods)
ï§ Minimum 2 years working experience calculation and reconciliation of VAT, dividends, and provisional tax.
ï§ Project accounting with a clear understanding of project requirements. Long- and short-term projects
ï§ Previous supervisory experience an advantage
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of accounting system
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel
- Strong accounting technician
ï§ Weekly follow-up on outstanding Debtors.
ï§ Ensure accurate invoicing resulting in no credit notes
ï§ Frequent follow-up with client to ensure timeous payment
ï§ Debtors’ statements and account reconciliations
ï§ Debtors’ age analysis
ï§ Monthly VAT reconciliations
ï§ Checking and monitoring of quarterly stock and fixed asset counts
ï§ Facilitation of stock and asset counts, includes cut offs and delivery controls
ï§ Fixed asset control and procedures
ï§ Assist in budget preparation.
ï§ Ensure accuracy and integrity of all jobs in the Database
ï§ Weekly review of the databases & associated reports, highlighting problems and risks to management, as well as ensuring a valid JCE for every job on the data base.
ï§ Staff to follow up and resolve issues pertaining to Jobs captured, Purchase Orders, Scope changes, Errors, Signatures and Service entry stages of various jobs on the Databases.
ï§ Specific focus to be placed on outstanding / overdue matters and informing Ops & own staff on matters to be resolved.
• Assist in financial audits and implement audit recommendations
- Good communication skills
- Able to use initiative, show innovation, and suggest ideas
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- A positive attitude with good organisational skills