Posted: 13 February 2023
One of the UK’s largest Electrical Wholesalers, specialising in distributing an extensive range of top branded products from the world’s leading manufacturers, is looking for a Sales Manager.
- To oversee the management and drive sales for the branch
- Lead and manage a dedicated and driven sales team
- Cold calling and client visits
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
Develop Business Plans
Oversee and manage the sales department which consist of 6 team member, developing an overall business plan, including sales strategies and profit goals. This includes performing territory and sales analyses, assessing the results and adjusting sales strategies accordingly. You will need to reach KPI’s set out by the Area/ Regional Manager. Ability to for forecast sales and assign targets.
Perform Sales Visits
Often requiring travel, Area Sales Managers visit potential and current clients in order to provide product information, answer client questions and concerns and build brand awareness. They do this through both individual meetings and larger sales presentations.
Securing appointments, cold calling, converting and generating new business leads. As an Area Sales Manager, this is done both directly and through team members. This includes securing both individual sales and contracts, and deals can be made over the phone, through email or in person through sales visits.
Build and maintain key relationships with potential and current clients. Using excellent interpersonal skills, the Sales Manager will be responsible to form new relationships with potential clients and follows up with potential and current clients through phone, email and regular site visits.
Manage Sales Team
Lead a team of sales people, which many different tasks, including training sales employees, holding regular conference calls, reviewing team member expense reports, coaching, motivating and supporting the sales team, and ensuring that employees are achieving their sales goals.
- 2 years’ experience in people management and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and take corrective action
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Customer service experience, able to deal with customer queries via phone and e-mail to deliver customer excellence
- Business development experience
- Sound knowledge of Sales construction or building or manufacturing or similar
- Wholesale experience
- Good interpersonal / confidence skills
- Self starter
- External Sales
- Telephone Sales
- Trade Counter Sales