Posted: 20 November 2023
A payment solutions provider is looking for a Facilities Manager in an office-based position to be responsible for creating a positive experience for all internal and external clients at the offices.
The full management of 2 offices based in Johannesburg, including rendering adhoc assistance and guidance to the regional offices. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for supervising a team of 7 and managing the daily operation of all office related matters and escalations. This is a role critical for supporting teams by creating a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment.
The successful candidate will align deeply with our values of leading transparently, building strong authentic relationships, championing inclusivity, embracing diversity, building a community, driving collaboration and taking each step with integrity
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing the office management team.
- Oversee and supervise the team to ensure their KPI’s are met.
- Daily catchups on tasks for the day and upcoming.
Procurement and Supplier Management:
- To manage the Service Level Agreement with Suppliers and managetheir performance.
- Coordinate all office projects where appropriate.
- Sourcing suitable suppliers and using them nationally
- Managing the Maintenance for the Offices:
- Identifying and resolving maintenance issues.
- Coordinate office deep cleans, paint jobs, etc, in a timeous manner.
- Working closely with the appointed security service providers to ensure all security protocol is adhered to, alarm system and access control is maintained.
- Coordinate internal communication initiatives which is related to the workplace e.g. health and safety, practical arrangements related to cleanliness, security, etc including employee e-mails and social media (related to the office).
- Assisting with employee events including staff meetings, year-end functions, conferences, trainings at the offices etc.
- Managing catering for meetings and events taking place at the offices.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that statutory Health and Safety requirements are met at the respective Offices.
- Liaising with the Landlords of the buildings for maintenance and other building related matters.
- Identify and report any building matters to the Landlord for the appropriate action.
- Managing all supplier accounts related to your portfolio.
- Managing expenses related to your portfolio.
- Ensure all spreadsheets and registers are up to date.
- Suppliers meet-ups and outsourcing.
- Maintenance requests and scheduling
- Assisting with general HR admin related tasks
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Diploma or Degree in building / office management or equivalent willbe advantageous.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in building and or office management.
- Knowledge of health, safety, fire and emergency procedures will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant legislation will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SLAs and lease agreements will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of basic technology in building (electrical, plumbing and construction) is extremely advantageous.
- Knowledge of day-to-day office operations.
- Meticulous administration skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent (internal) client service skills
- Motivated, positive, can-do attitude and solution orientated approach.
- Have a professional and personable demeanour.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Own, reliable transport.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Process driven.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritise when under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work independently.