Posted: 22 December 2023
MoData Pty Ltd is a reputable and dynamic digital financial solutions specialist that works with leading banks, financial services, and investment companies across Africa to support them on their journey to digitise and automate their financial business processes that have been a key player in the South African market for a number of years. Committed to excellence and innovation, we are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Manager to join our finance team.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and results-driven Finance Manager with a minimum of 10 years experience in financial management. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, and contributing to the overall financial health of the organisation.
- Create and analyse financial reports including cash flow, and profit & loss statements. Prepare and analyse financial statements, reports, and budgets to provide insightful recommendations to management.
- Monitoring budgeting and forecasting including project costings. Conduct regular financial reconciliations and ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Oversee day-to-day bookkeeping activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet recons, and general ledger entries. Month-end journals – prepayments, accruals, provisions, bank recon, and cashbook processing.
- Debtors and Creditors reconciliations – prep weekly & monthly recons.
- Statutory requirements – Tax, VAT, and PAYE submissions, staying abreast of changes in tax regulations, and ensuring compliance and timely submissions. Coordinate CIPC submissions, ensuring compliance with company registration and reporting requirements.
- Manage fixed asset register.
- Maintain internal control systems.
- Payroll is an added advantage to managing payroll processes, ensuring accurate and timely payment of salaries, deductions, and benefits.
- Coordinate and facilitate the year-end audit process, liaising with external auditors as necessary.
- Stay abreast of changes in financial regulations and ensure compliance with CIMA or SAIPA standards.
- Demonstrate IT project budgetary experience, participating in technology-related financial planning and overseeing budget allocations for IT projects.
- Any ad hoc tasks required to assist the Directors.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting standards.
- Proven experience in preparing financial statements, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Strong proficiency in Xero, QuickBooks, and Excel.
- Experience in managing PAYE, VAT, and CIPC submissions.
- Demonstrated IT project and budgetary experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in bookkeeping and financial management
- CIMA or SAIPA qualification is mandatory