Posted: 15 January 2024
We are looking for a result-driven Financial Advisor to be responsible for providing financial advice to clients on retirement planning, investing for the future, saving for education, and life insurance protection. The Insurance Advisor will generate leads, meet with clients, complete a financial needs analysis, and present them with customised financial proposals. You should thereafter market insurance options that suit their needs.
To be successful as an Advisor, you should stay up to date with the latest products and benefits and inform clients of these offerings. Ultimately, a top-notch Insurance Advisor should offer specialised guidance and advice on areas of concern and empower people to live better lives.
Sanlam is a leading financial services group dedicated to helping people live a life of confidence, today and every day. Our team is online weekdays from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
As a Financial Advisor at Sanlam, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive financial planning and advice to clients to assist them to attain their financial goals. You will create, customise and maintain financial portfolios to suit each client’s unique needs. This is a full-time hybrid role based in Cape Town, with some work-from-home flexibility available.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Finance or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in the financial industry
- Expert knowledge on investment, financial planning and tax regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to educate clients on complex financial matters
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Client relationship management and sales experience is preferred
- Bringing in new business
- Following up on leads
- Preparing quotations
- Handling applications
- Industry experience (insurance) is a must
- RE 5 Qualification
- Knowledge of products will be advantageous