Posted: 4 December 2023
An equipment hire business is looking for an Accountant to provide strong accounting support, guidance for the Finance Clerk, and to cover some 2IC responsibilities.
Location: Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Wages and salary schedules set up from Propay – Weekly update and signed by Management on ProPay process. Salaries and Wages as set out by HO
- Post adjustment journals if necessary – Review of trial balance and general ledger
- Fixed asset register – Update and follow of SOPs
- Preparation of operational report – Weekly & Monthly
- VAT Summary/Reconciliation – Bi -Monthly Preparations and keep updated on new developments
- Asset Register – Updating Register with new and scrapped units. Value Decrease report on assets
- Financial Audit and Process – Follow the process as set out by Financial Manager and ensure preparation for audit annually.
- Reports month end as set out by HO
- Continuous Cost Saving – Cost Saving analysis monthly. Ensure min 10% saving per month
- Financial Indicators and monitoring of Cash Flow – On time payments with Creditors and placing cost indicators to monitor during the month. Ensure healthy cash flow
- Cash Flow – Monitoring Budget to report adjustments during the financial year for HO to correct.
- Budget Proposal with Business Manager – Controlling the actual vs the Budget. Monitoring positive and negative issues within the budget.
- Control Account Queries
- Give through collections and follow up monthly with report to management when clients do not pay
- Debtors Recover less than 25 days – Put clients on accountability and blacklist them approved by Management
- Handing over of clients
- Recon and posting of payments – Daily on Orange for management to sign off as from Quote to Invoice based on POD
- Month End Invoicing (Daily invoicing) – Daily as per Bank Statement and Cash Flow Process signed by Management
- Post statements and invoices Monthly and send to Financial Manager
- Set up debtors report and Manager to double check (Daily Follow up with Clients as set out by Management)
- Processing New account Applications (less than 1 hour)
- Weekly filling of all documents including Open and Closed Contracts
- Recon & post of payments – Deadline 2 days prior to head office deadlines to ensure management sign off
- Invoices and Credit notes
- PO’s for all Materials for the Depot once approved by Management
- Matric and Degree/Diploma in Financial Management
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Preferably have completed SAICA articles
- Drivers’ license and own transport advantageous