Posted: 24 January 2024
A diverse group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Telecommunications, Utility Management, and Property Management, has an exciting opportunity for an organised and professional Financial Manager who will take responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities for the property division.
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for financial excellence and a knack for navigating the complexities of the property industry, we want to hear from you!
Location: Claremont, Cape Town, South Africa
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Management of the Finance Team – Assistant Financial Manager, 3 Financial Controllers and 2 Financial Administrators
- Conducting regular training sessions with staff to ensure continuous improvement and enhance staff skills
- Consistent review of financial systems, internal controls, and procedures to uphold optimal operational efficiency
- Manage the planning and coordination of external audit procedures
- Creation and maintenance of the division’s Budget prior to FYE
- Formulating of all Scheme Budgets
- Delegating and supervising all financial responsibilities in accordance with the aforementioned tasks
- Addressing internal budget amendment requests promptly
- Handling internal high-level financial inquiries effectively
- Ensuring that all management accounts are sent to scheme Trustees timeously each month as per agreed deadline and management agreement
- Providing Management Accounts to management
- Notifying relevant parties of cash flow anomalies or issues.
- Manage and oversee that municipal water and electrical entries are accurate
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations
- Upon taking on new buildings a thorough analysis of the new buildings finances must be carried out to identify potential financial risks.
- Ensure all financial information is received for all new buildings taken on
- Securing comprehensive utility services and obtaining a quotation for the monthly readings.
- Development and thorough examination of Year-to-Date (YTD) expenditure and budget
- Supply the external accounting firm with the required documentation for Income Tax compliance and SARS for PAYE (if applicable)
- Ensure all services completed by the managing agent are recovered
- Qualified Chartered Accountant – CA(SA) (advantageous)
- Minimum completed Bachelors of Accounting Science NQF Level 7
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Proven leadership skills is essential (experience in managing a corporate finance team/department)
- Solid knowledge of financial processes, systems and related laws
- Experience in a commercial environment, including developing & implementing effective work processes, procedures and controls
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to analyse financial data to make informed decisions
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Deadline oriented
- Excellent administrative skills
- Effective time management skills to handle multiple financial tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritise activities.
- Able to identify system inefficiencies and propose solutions
- Proven organisational skills and good time management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Excellent computer skills
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45 minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi time between 07h00 and 18h00.