Posted: 10 January 2024
Who are we?
At SanlamAllianz, we are proud of being the largest pan-African, non-banking financial services organisation on the continent. Our dynamic operations span across 27 African countries (excluding South Africa), and our business is focused on life insurance, general insurance, retail credit, health, bancassurance, and asset management. Our core values – Innovation, Care, Integrity and Collaboration – guide our vision of distinguishing ourselves as the most admired financial services group in Africa. We nurture a high-performance, energising and engaging culture. Why? Because we, as employees of SanlamAllianz, understand the importance of feeling cared for, empowered and challenged to produce our best work and live with confidence.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will act as a Financial Manager in the SanlamAllianz Life Finance Team and will report to a Senior Financial Manager based in either Cape Town or Sandton.
What will make you successful in this role?
Responsibilities will include, amongst others, the following:
- Be a Financial Business Partner to the countries under the Portfolio
- Drive process change, automation and new ways of working.
- Processing of foreign subsidiary financial results in HFM (Hyperion financial management)
- Analysis of multiple foreign subsidiary management accounts and financial statements
- Assist with cluster financial consolidation
- Assist with implementation of new systems and processes in businesses
- Preparation of Sanlam monthly financial reports and commentary including variance analysis of foreign subsidiary management accounts
- Provide end to end financial management support to businesses outside of South Africa
- Regular interaction with Exco representative as well as in-country CFO and CEO
- Assistance with the compilation of holding company financial statements in terms of IFRS 4 and IFRS 17
- Budgeting and forecasting 5-year plans in country budgets and Group Costs via SAP S/4 Hana
- Processing of journals and payments in accordance with the approval framework. HFM & SAP
- Ensure effective controls and procedures are in place, and focus on process improvements
- Interactions with the external auditors on Interim and Final Audits
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified CA(SA)
- 0 to 4 years post qualification experience
- Life insurance experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Good working knowledge of Insurance Accounting (IFRS17 experience/basic understanding is an added advantage)
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting processes and architecture, ideally gained within the Insurance sector
- Experience in the emerging markets environment will be an advantage
- Oracle HFM and SAP S4/Hana experience will be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of IFRS principles and standards
- Basic understanding of actuarial numbers will be an advantage EV, VNB, Policyholder vs Shareholder
- Process management skills (able to review existing processes and procedures, making recommendations for rationalisation/improvement, and implement them operationally)
- Ability to speak French will be advantageous
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and be resilient
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical and conceptual thinking (solving of complex problems)
- Building and maintaining relationships with external and internal clients
- Pro-active individual with the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet stringent deadlines
- Business partner mindset
- Attention to detail
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client Focus
- Drive Results
- Flexibility and adaptability