Posted: 7 February 2024
Wauko (Pty) Ltd, a dynamic financial services company in Stellenbosch, offers an exciting opportunity for a junior AML analyst and legal assistant who will be responsible for assisting the Wauko Group AML function as well as the trust and company services division. The role includes a wide range of risk management and compliance matters with financial crime as a key focus area.
- Initiate communication with prospective clients regarding CDD requirements.
- Collate, review, assess and capture CDD documentation and information ensuring it is appropriate for the relevant risk rating.
- Perform screening, risk rating and EDD (when required).
- Compile and refer EDD file (when required).
- Maintain current CDD/EDD database in line with Wauko’s
- Identification of any related risks and escalate to management when appropriate.
- Submit regulatory reports.
- Assist with compilation of beneficial owner registers in terms of the Trust Property Control Act and Companies Act.
- Liaison with different business units and stakeholders.
- Ad hoc research, training and other related duties.
- Assist the head of the business unit with providing various trust and company services.
Qualifications and skills:
- A legal degree from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Newly admitted attorney (preferred).
- At least one-year CDD/EDD experience.
- Proficiency (verbal and written) in English and Afrikaans.
- Excellent soft and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, organised, analytical, self-driven and able to solve problems independently.
- Able to act proactively and use own initiative in handling queries.
In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package and advancement opportunities.
CV requirements are as follows:
* CV and cover letter submitted before 29 February 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CV’s must include at least one contactable reference that is not a family relation of the applicant that can confirm the applicants experience on a firsthand basis.
All candidates will receive an initial assessment to be completed by a set due date. No extension of the due date will be granted. If you fail to complete the assessment on time your application should be regarded as unsuccessful, and no further correspondence will be conducted with these applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Date of employment: Negotiable