Posted: 6 December 2023
A diverse group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Telecommunications, Utility Management, and Property Management, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Portfolio Manager to effectively manage sectional title / homeowners’ association properties. The Portfolio Managers are supported by professional teams and departments such as legal, marketing, maintenance and services etc. With this support and a portfolio of approximately 15 to 20 buildings, the prime focus is to ensure that the Portfolio Managers have the opportunity to focus on relationship building.
If you would like a career in a structured, fast paced, dynamic environment then we look forward to receiving your application.
Location: Southern suburbs, Cape Town.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Management of sectional title / homeowners community schemes
- Manage relationships with trustee and other stakeholders
- Attending trustee meetings and AGM’s
- Ensuring that all documentation is accurate and ready for trustee and AGM meetings
- Ensure that all trustee meeting action items are attended to timeously
- Liaise with building managers for minor and major building works
- Under the instruction and with assistance from the Trustees, manage the employees of the Body Corporate / Homeowner Association responsibilities and tasks.
- Assist with Budget preparation and budget variance management
- Facilitate the compilation, additions and amendments to Conduct Rules and Management Rules, and lodging thereof with CSOS
- Work closely with the members of the body corporate / HOA to ensure overall compliance
- Degree in property studies or a BCom would be advantageous
- Sectional title / Homeowners course advantageous (Paddocks)
Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of sectional title act and workings of a body corporate / homeowners association – Sectional Title experience is mandatory (minimum of three years)
- Basic financial knowledge and understanding (Budgeting, Understanding of Annual Financial Statements)
- Proven track record of experience in a leadership position
- Understanding of insurance policies and compliance advantageous
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible, accountable and dedicated
- Ability to compile accurate reports and data capturing
- Proven organisational and administration skills
- Well presented, able to chair meetings with owners and trustees (confidence dealing with stakeholders))
- Customer service orientated
- Computer literate. Must be capable of managing emails and spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to take direction and implement team strategies
- Ability to identify errors/risk
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Deadline and compliance driven
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45 minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi time between 07h00 and 18h00. It is seldom required to work outside of these hours and the portfolio allocated to this role will predominantly have trustee meetings within working hours.